Tuesday, March 8, 2011

ONE-derful day in ONE-derland

yo viv turns 1!

WOW!  this year went by so fast.  Hard to believe an entire year has passed. We are so blessed to have her in our life and are thankful every day that God spared her from the tragedy that we all felt with the passing of her twin.  
So, Vivians birth day is truly a milestone and celebration of life.  
 
Happy Birthday Viv!
 
I took the pictures with the help of my friend Kori.  Uploaded the pic to a photo editing program, typed in her invite and sent them off to www.mpix.com.  This was a much cheaper way to print invites and professional quality paper.  I paid $7.00 for 30 invites, much cheaper that shutterfly.
After many phone calls and crazy expensive prices (up to $350), I decided to give cake decorating a go. Maybe my cake isn't a $350 cake, but I think it turned out pretty cool.  I did pay someone to bake the cake, thank you Laura Mosby!  I made the little Alice in Wonderland figures out of fondant.  The cheapest prices for fondant were at Walmart, however it was a better price at Hobby Lobby since I took two 40% off coupons and my mom.   
Yes, I attempted to make my own fondant...totally worth buying.

We had a wonderful day with friends and family and looking forward to another year watching her grow and develop her "tude". 

No comments:

Post a Comment

simple ways to update the bathroom

90's  B-A-T-H-R-O-O-M updates If I could count the number of bathrooms I have re-done.  This is my daughters bathroom. Again, we have 90...