Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Simple Christmas gift idea

 Personalized Photo Ornament

Supplies:
-card stock
-glue stick
-computer with pictures that are printable..printer :)
-ribbon
-grandparent in desperate need of personalized gift

1. Print star pattern off on cardstock (for you non-scrapbookers this is thick paper found at your local craft store or Walmart).   I like antique or off-white.

2. Cut the star pattern out.
3. Print off 3-4 pictures from your computer onto cardstock (go ahead, load up the printer with this stuff).  Print pictures at least 3x5.
4. Lay star pattern over the top of your pictures with the face in the center of the star.  Trace. Cut.
5. Use a ruler or something with a sturdy edge and make a crease in the middle of the star, folding it in toward the picture.  Do this with all of your stars.
6. Next begin gluing the stars together back to back so the corners match, making a larger star and 3-D.
7. Don't forget to add your ribbon for the perfect ornament.  

All sides are shown here as an example, and all of my kiddos :).  This project took me about 20min. with all supplies on hand.  I did have a little help from the hubby who cut out one star....AKA "Buddy the Elf".  Not really a crafty guy, and if he was I might be a little concerned.

  


2 comments:

  1. Love these ornaments!! Great idea.....I will try to do this with the girls next week.....Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOO...YOU FIT ALL 4 KIDS ON ONE ORNAMENT?

    ReplyDelete

simple ways to update the bathroom

90's  B-A-T-H-R-O-O-M updates If I could count the number of bathrooms I have re-done.  This is my daughters bathroom. Again, we have 90...