Friday, January 23, 2015

Kitchen cabinet facelift ~ Oak to Paint

I painted my oak cabinets!

Oh no...you painted over wood?  Yep, I sure did.  Yes I understand it will be the biggest pain ever if I decide I want real wood back (I mean...I might just move before I strip kitchen cabinets).  


My inspiration:  My grad school graduation present from my mom.
I love this chandelier!


Lowes: $250.00





I love the after!   I painted them with floor and porch enamel from Sherwin Williams.  

Before, we were all oaked out!



I sanded all my cabinets before painting and sealed them with a satin poly.





Painted the ceiling two shades lighter than the cabinets, although it looks like the same color here.




         and it took 2 gallons...ughhhhh!




 Going with glass knobs and pulls





Now all I need to do is replace my countertops and change the backsplash, cha ching $$$$$






No comments:

Post a Comment

simple ways to update the bathroom

90's  B-A-T-H-R-O-O-M updates If I could count the number of bathrooms I have re-done.  This is my daughters bathroom. Again, we have 90...